Chris Dittmann Racing's prospective driver Harry Webb posted the fastest time in the opening test session of the Donington Park British F3 Media Day. The young Brit, who has most recently raced in British F4, was over seven tenths of a second quicker than Fortec's Tom Gamble, who is also evaluating a move into BRDC British F3.
In wet conditions, the pair were at the front of the times throughout, constantly trading positions as the the conditions slowly improved. Both were some way clear of Carlin's Clement Novalak, who looks set to compete in F3 this year.
Returning Fortec driver Manuel Maldonado was fourth fastest ahead of Nicolai Kjaergaard, who has switched to the Carlin team this season. Billy Monger, who is also seriously evaluating a move into the series for this year as he recovers from injuries sustained in a British F4 crash was an impressive sixth fastest ahead of fellow Carlin runner Sun Yue Yang.
Tristan Charpentier was eight for Fortec, ahead of Lanan's Kush Maini, who had several spells at the top of the times with Double R's Krishnaraaj Mahadik completing the top-10.
The second test session of the day for BRDC British F3 Championship takes place at 1pm.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Media Day test, session one result:
1. Harry Webb, Chris Dittmann Racing, 1m45.725s
2. Tom Gamble, Fortec Motorsports, +0.757s
3. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +1.970s
4. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +2.461s
5. Nicolai Kajergaard, Carlin, +2.718s
6. Billy Monger, Carlin, +2.888s
7. Sun Yue Yang, Carlin, +2.998s
8. Tristan Charpentier, Fortec Motorsports, +3.088s
9. Kush Maini, Lanan Racing, +3.119s
10. Krishnaraaj Mahadik, Double R Racing, +3.173s
11. Linus Lundqvist, Double R Racing, +3.578s
12. Jusuf Owega, Hillspeed, +8.374s
13. Ben Hurst, Hillspeed, +11.157s
14. Joshua Mason, Lanan Racing, +15.762s
15. Garry Findlay, Stratton Motorsport, +16.840s
16. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, no time set
15 June 2018 - Lundqvist dreaming of Daytona?
12 June 2018 - Silverstone TV highlights - when to watch
11 June 2018 - Lundqvist and Maini quids in with Silverstone poles
10 June 2018 - Gamble on the money with Silverstone race three win
10 June 2018 - What they said: Silverstone race three
10 June 2018 - Silverstone race three starts at 17.15 - Maini on pole