Carlin's Nicolai Kjaergaard fired in a late effort to set the fastest time in the second session of the official BRDC British F3 Media Day at Donington Park.
It was an extremely tight session, with the top three drivers covered by just over a quarter of a second, as conditions improved at the East Midlands venue. Carlin's Clement Novalak, currently evaluating a move to the series was 0.193s behind, with Lanan's Kush Maini in third.
Linus Lundqvist was fourth fastest for Double R ahead of Tristan Charpentier, who ensured there were four different teams in the top-five. Double R's new recruit Krish Mahadik was sixth quickest ahead of Carlin's Billy Monger, who ran towards the top of the times throughout.
Monger's potential Carlin team mate Sun Yue Yang was eighth fastest ahead of Chris Dittmann Racing's Harry Webb who backed up his fastest time in session one with a top-10 in session two. Manuel Maldonado completed the top-10.
The third and final session of the day starts at 3pm.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Media Day Session Two result:
1. Nicolai Kjaergaard, Carlin, 1m26.335s
2. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.193s
3. Kush Maini, Lanan Racing, +0.275s
4. Linus Lundqvist, Double R Racing, +0.340s
5. Tristan Charpentier, Fortec Motorsports, +0.647s
6. Krishnaraaj Mahadik, Double R Racing, +1.075s
7. Billy Monger, Carlin, +1.090s
8. Sun Yue Yang, Carlin, +1.204s
9. Harry Webb, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.961s
10. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +2.099s
11. Tom Gamble, Fortec Motorsports, +2.799s
12. Garry Findlay, Stratton Motorsport, +3.005s
13. Jusuf Owega, Hillspeed, +3.145s
14. Ben Hurst, Hillspeed, +4.428s
15. Joshua Mason, Lanan Racing, +6.131s
16. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +7.656s
19 September 2018 - Bumper BRDC British F3 grid to descend on Donington
18 September 2018 - Gamble targets victories at local circuit
17 September 2018 - Cian Carey joins BRDC British F3 field for Donington Park
12 September 2018 - Hampus Ericsson moves up to BRDC British F3 with Fortec
10 September 2018 - Esmaeili aims for best results of the year at Donington Park
4 September 2018 - Hillspeed youngster Owega looking for podium before season’s end