BRDC British F3 Champion Linus Lundqvist completed his GP3 test by setting the third fastest time in today's (Friday) afternoon session, as he continued to evaluate the car ahead of a possible move into the new FIA Formula 3 series next year.
The Swede returned to the wheel of the Campos Racing machine with which he made his test debut in yesterday, and continued his impressive form from Thursday's afternoon session, in which he finished seventh.
Lundqvist posted the fifth fastest time in this morning's session, and then shaved three tenths of a second off to go even better with third in the afternoon session, and was the top rookie driver in the test.
He ended up just 0.288s off pace-setting team-mate Jehan Daruvala, with Richard Verschoor splitting the Campos Racing pair, both drivers having GP3 race experience.
Ben Hingeley, a British F3 race winner in 2017 was also in action again, posting the 12th and 11th fastest times, while 2017 champion Enaam Ahmed had his first run in GP3 machinery, setting the 19th and 20th fastest times.
GP3 Abu Dhabi test, day two, afternoon session result:
1. Jehan Daruvala, Campos Racing, 1:54.753
2. Richard Verschoor, MP Motorsport, 1:54.799
3. Linus Lundqvist, Campos Racing, 1:55.041
4. Oscar Piastri, Jenzer Motorsport, 1:55.085
5. Devlin DeFrancesco, Trident, 1:55.089
6. Yuki Tsunoda, Jenzer Motorsport, 1:55.177
7. Logan Sargeant, Trident, 1:55.274
8. Niko Kari, Trident, 1:55.359
9. Lorenzo Colombo, MP Motorsport, 1:55.495
10. Alex Peroni, Campos Racing, 1:55.608
16 December 2018 - Billy Monger receives Helen Rollason Award at BBC Sports Personality
7 December 2018 - Josh Mason confirms BRDC British F3 return with Lanan Racing
5 December 2018 - Carlin signs Lucas Petersson for 2019 BRDC British F3 season
4 December 2018 - British F3 trio honoured at annual BRDC Awards
2 December 2018 - Tom Gamble wins prestigious McLaren Autosport BRDC Award