After race three at Brands Hatch this morning (Sunday), the drivers of car 22 (Piers Prior) and car 8 (Kaylen Frederick) have been disqualified from the results.
Following investigation and having heard evidence from the competitor, the Clerk of the Course found that the driver of car 8 was guilty of contravening Motorsport UK Regulation Q15.1 - failure to comply with yellow flag signals.
The Clerk of the Course found that Frederick had passed a yellow light at turn two entry and a waved yellow flag and SC Board at turn two exit. He made contact with car 13, passed car 13 and continued at speed.
Frederick is therefore disqualified from the results of the race and handed four penalty points.
Following investigation and having heard evidence from the competitor, the Clerk of the Course found that the driver of car 22 was guilty of contravening Motorsport UK Regulation C1.1.5 - driving in a manner not compatible with general safety.
Car 22 is judged to have caused a collision with car 8 at turn three, causing car 8 to leave the track, while under yellow flags and SC boards.
Prior is therefore disqualified from the results of the race and handed four penalty points.
Both cars failed to take the restart of the third contest.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Brands Hatch GP Circuit, Race three amended result:
1. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, 10 laps
2. Josh Skelton, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.362s
3. Kush Maini, Hitech GP, +3.523s
4. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +4.082s
5. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +5.684s
6. Louis Foster, Double R Racing, +6.985s
7. Bart Horsten, Lanan Racing, +8.036s
8. Reece Ushijima, Hitech GP, +9.607s
9. Benjamin Pedersen, Double R Racing, +10.817s
10. Nazim Azman, Carlin, +12.926s
11. Oliver Clarke, Hillspeed, +14.747s
12. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +16.342s
DNS. Manaf Hijjawi, Douglas Motorsport, did not restart
DNS. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, did not restart
DQ. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, disqualified
DQ. Piers Prior, Lanan Racing, disqualified
19 January 2021 - BRDC British F3 issues revised 2021 calendar
19 January 2021 - British F3 iRacing returns this February
18 January 2021 - Statement: BRDC F3 final standings amended, Louis Foster third
14 January 2021 - Lubin joins BRDC British F3 with Arden
13 January 2021 - Mansell joins BRDC British F3 for 2021 with Carlin
18 December 2020 - Zak O'Sullivan signs with Carlin for 2021 BRDC British F3