22 / 23 May
Hillspeed's Sasakorn Chaimongkol topped the opening Friday test session at Oulton Park, 0.214s ahead of Carlin's Billy Monger, after a red flag late in the session.
Chaimongkol's late effort, a 1m39.222s came in a session run in damp conditions, and was enough to usurp Monger, with Double R's Linus Lundqvist just behind in third.
Jordan Cane, returning for Douglas Motorsport this weekend continued his strong test so far with the fourth fastest time ahead of Carlin's Clement Novalak, who was 0.031s ahead of Jamie Chadwick.
Krishnaraaj Mahadik was seventh for Double R ahead of yesterday's pace setter, Carlin's Nicolai Kjaergaard. Sun Yue Yang (Carlin) and Chia Wing Hoong (Chris Dittmann Racing), completed the top-10.
The session came to an early halt after Kush Maini in the Lanan went off at Old Hall. The second session will start at 10.55.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Friday Test Session 1 result:
1. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, 1m39.222s
2. Billy Monger, Carlin, +0.214s
3. Linus Lundqvist, Double R Racing, +0.247s
4. Jordan Cane, Douglas Motorsport, +0.527s
5. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +1.067s
6. Jamie Chadwick, Douglas Motorsport, +1.098s
7. Krish Mahadik, Double R Racing, +1.421s
8. Nicolai Kjaergaard, Carlin, +1.705s
9. Sun Yue Yang, Carlin, +1.820s
10. Chia Wing Hoong, Chris Dittmann Racing, +2.167s
11. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +2.245s
12. Ben Hurst, Hillspeed, +2.367s
13. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +2.399s
14. Tom Gamble, Fortec Motorsports, +2.546s
15. Arvin Esmaeili, Douglas Motorsport, +2.688s
16. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +3.080s
17. Tristan Charpentier, Fortec Motorsports, +3.746s
18. Kush Maini, Lanan Racing, +5.619s
21 April 2021 - Horsten hungry for success with Hitech in 2021
19 April 2021 - Reece Ushijima returns to BRDC British F3 with Hitech GP
19 April 2021 - Lundqvist tops Indy Lights standings after Barber opener