Championship leader Nicolai Kjaergaard set the fastest time of the day in testing at Snetterton today (Thursday), with his morning time of 1m43.842 enough to put him top ahead of afternoon pace setter Kush Maini.
Seven teams and 13 drivers were in action at the Norfolk circuit, which basked in sunshine throughout the hottest day of the year so far. Five different teams were represented in the top-five.
Kjaergaard's morning effort for Carlin was just under four tenths clear of Lanan's Maini, who shaved six tenths off his morning time and was the only driver to improve in the afternoon as track temperatures climbed.
Douglas Motorsport's Jordan Cane was third quickest, just over a tenth off Maini, with Linus Lundqvist fourth for Double R Racing. Fortec's Manuel Maldonado was just a hundredth off Lundqvist, with team mate Tristan Charpentier completing the top-six.
Krishnaraaj Mahadik claimed the seventh fastest time for Double R Racing, a fraction ahead of Douglas Motorsport's Jamie Chadwick. Tom Gamble was ninth and just four hundredths quicker than Hillspeed's Sasakorn Chaimongkol, who completed the top-10.
Billy Monger was 11th for Carlin, ahead of team mate Sun Yue Yang, with Pavan Ravishankar completing the runners for Double R Racing. The BRDC British F3 field are back in action in a week's time at Rockingham.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Snetterton test result:
1. Nicolai Kjaergaard, Carlin, 1m44.842s
2. Kush Maini, Lanan Racing, +0.396s
3. Jordan Cane, Douglas Motorsport, +0.497s
4. Linus Lundqvist, Double R Racing, +0.612s
5. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.627s
6. Tristan Charpentier, Fortec Motorsports, +0.794s
7. Krish Mahadik, Double R Racing, +0.858s
8. Jamie Chadwick, Douglas Motorsport, +0.891s
9. Tom Gamble, Fortec Motorsports, +1.156s
10. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +1.200s
11. Billy Monger, Carlin, +1.457s
12. Sun Yue Yang, Carlin, +1.684s
13. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +2.860s
11 January 2019 - Monger stars at Autosport International
10 January 2019 - Gamble reflects on McLaren Autosport BRDC Award triumph
10 January 2019 - Lundqvist talks Daytona at Autosport International
9 January 2019 - Lundqvist and Monger on show at Autosport International
4 January 2019 - Lundqvist geared up ahead of important Daytona tests
24 December 2018 - The 2018 BRDC British F3 season in stats