Two Clerk of the Course Decisions have been issued following the second race of the BRDC British F3 weekend at Donington Park this afternoon (Saturday).
The first decision relates to an incident between car 12 (Ayrton Simmons) and car 35 (Kris Wright).
Following an investigation, the Clerk of the Course found that the driver of car 12 caused a collision with car 35 at the Melbourne Hairpin. Data shows that on the lap in question car 12 braked some 20 metres later than on its fastest race lap.
Therefore the driver of car 12 has been disqualified from the race and handed four licence penalty points.
The second decision relates to an incident between car 12 (Ayrton Simmons) and car 3 (Johnathan Hoggard).
Following an investigation and having heard evidence from the competitor, the Clerk of the Course found that the driver of car 12 caused a collision with the driver of car 3, causing car 3 to leave the circuit. Car 3 did not continue.
The driver of car 12 has therefore been handed a five place grid penalty for race three this afternoon, and handed three licence penalty points.
The amended race result is shown below.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Donington Park race two amended result:
1. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, 12 laps
2. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +0.525s
3. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.660s
4. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +1.237s
5. Benjamin Pedersen, Douglas Motorsport, +3.418s
6. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, +4.108s
7. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +4.602s
8. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +6.237s
9. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +6.568s
10. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +7.344s
11. Nazim Azman, Chris Dittmann Racing, +11.551s
12. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +12.079s
13. Kris Wright, Fortec Motorsports, +22.560s
DNF. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, 8 laps
DNF. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, 0 laps
DQ. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, DQ
21 October 2019 - BRDC British F3 confirms upgraded car package for 2020
30 September 2019 - BRDC British F3 the place to race to become an award finalist!
26 September 2019 - Hoggard and Simmons named as Aston Martin Autosport BRDC Award finalists
18 September 2019 - Simmons: “One of the best seasons I’ve had”
16 September 2019 - Johnathan Hoggard claims Sunoco Whelen Challenge and drive at Daytona