Fortec Motorsport's Johnathan Hoggard topped the times in the opening test session of the weekend on the Donington Park GP circuit this morning (Thursday).
The title contender's late effort of 1m25.801s was just under two tenths quicker than fellow title rival Kiern Jewiss in his Douglas Motorsport machine, with Chris Dittmann Racing's Ayrton Simmons, sitting third in the championship, was third in the session.
Fortec's Manuel Maldonado was fourth, just 0.051s back from Simmons, and 0.185s clear of Douglas Motorsport's Ulysse De Pauw. Carlin's Kaylen Frederick was sixth fastest, just under nine tenths away from the ultimate pace and 0.032s clear of teammate and championship leader Clement Novalak. Lucas Petersson completed the trio of Carlin cars in eighth place.
Hillspeed's Sasakorn Chaimongkol was ninth, and 0.039s clear of Double R's Neil Verhagen, who completed the top-10.
The second session of the day is due to commence at 11.55.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Donington Park Thursday test session one top-10:
1. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, 1m25.801s
2. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.199s
3. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.598s
4. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.649s
5. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.834s
6. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.899s
7. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.931s
8. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +0.950s
9. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +0.989s
10. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +1.028s
16 September 2019 - Johnathan Hoggard claims Sunoco Whelen Challenge and drive at Daytona
15 September 2019 - Thoughts of a champion: Clement Novalak
15 September 2019 - Hoggard hammers to seventh win of the year in Donington finale
15 September 2019 - What they said: Donington race three
15 September 2019 - Race three starts at 15.45 - Hoggard on pole
15 September 2019 - Azman wins at Donington as Novalak crowned champion!