Fortec Motorsport's Johnathan Hoggard topped the times in the opening test session of the weekend on the Donington Park GP circuit this morning (Thursday).
The title contender's late effort of 1m25.801s was just under two tenths quicker than fellow title rival Kiern Jewiss in his Douglas Motorsport machine, with Chris Dittmann Racing's Ayrton Simmons, sitting third in the championship, was third in the session.
Fortec's Manuel Maldonado was fourth, just 0.051s back from Simmons, and 0.185s clear of Douglas Motorsport's Ulysse De Pauw. Carlin's Kaylen Frederick was sixth fastest, just under nine tenths away from the ultimate pace and 0.032s clear of teammate and championship leader Clement Novalak. Lucas Petersson completed the trio of Carlin cars in eighth place.
Hillspeed's Sasakorn Chaimongkol was ninth, and 0.039s clear of Double R's Neil Verhagen, who completed the top-10.
The second session of the day is due to commence at 11.55.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Donington Park Thursday test session one top-10:
1. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, 1m25.801s
2. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.199s
3. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.598s
4. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.649s
5. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.834s
6. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.899s
7. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.931s
8. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +0.950s
9. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +0.989s
10. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +1.028s
9 January 2020 - Hoggard discusses Daytona at Autosport International
7 January 2020 - Hillspeed raring to go for landmark 50th anniversary season
6 January 2020 - Hoggard gets to grips with Daytona at Roar Before the 24