Carlin's Kaylen Frederick set the fastest time in the final session of testing this afternoon (Friday), as the BRDC British F3 Championship field completed their preparations for the delayed 2020 season opener at Oulton Park.
Frederick's time of 1m32.059s was over three tenths quicker than Lanan's Bart Horsten, with Carlin's Nazim Azman breaking into the top-three for the first time this weekend.
Douglas Motorsport's Ulysse De Pauw was fourth fastest in the session, just 0.003s ahead of Double R's session three pace setter Louis Foster, who in turn was just a thousandth of a second ahead of Hitech GP's Kush Maini.
Kiern Jewiss set the seventh fastest time for Douglas Motorsport, 0.091s quicker than Hillspeed's Oliver Clarke, with Nico Varrone completing the top-10 for Chris Dittmann Racing, and eight tenths away from the overall pace.
Manaf Hijjawi was 11th for Douglas Motorsport, still within a second of the overall pace with Piers Prior 12th for Lanan Racing. Sasakorn Chaimongkol claimed 13th for Hillspeed, 0.067s ahead of Reece Ushijima's Hitech GP entry, with Josh Mason and Benjamin Pedersen separated by 0.024s in 15th and 16th respectively.
In the combined times for the day, Frederick's effort of 1m31.849s in this morning's opening test remained unbeaten, and was 0.082s ahead of Maini, who set his best time of the day in the same session. Maini's best effort from yesterday, a 1m31.833s remains the best of the two days of testing. Foster's time from session two was enough to put him third overall for the day, just 0.125s away from top spot.
De Pauw was fourth fastest overall, with Horsten fifth and Azman sixth. Impressively, the top-10 on combined times was covered by less than seven tenths of a second, with the entire field covered by less than 1.3 seconds, pointing towards an extremely competitive start to the season, with qualifying and the first two races of the year to take place tomorrow (Saturday). Full timings and updates will be available on the BRDC British F3 website.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Oulton Park, Friday test session four result:
1. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, 1m32.059s
2. Bart Horsten, Lanan Racing, +0.370s
3. Nazim Azman, Carlin, +0.409s
4. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.526s
5. Louis Foster, Double R Racing, +0.529s
6. Kush Maini, Hitech GP, +0.530s
7. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.616s
8. Josh Skelton, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.707s
9. Oliver Clarke, Hillspeed, +0.797s
10. Nico Varrone, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.829s
11. Manaf Hijjawi, Douglas Motorsport, +0.955s
12. Piers Prior, Lanan Racing, +1.012s
13. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +1.224s
14. Reece Ushijima, Hitech GP, +1.291s
15. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +1.313s
16. Benjamin Pedersen, Double R Racing, +1.337s
BRDC British F3 Championship, Oulton Park, Friday test combined result:
1. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, 1m31.849s (session one)
2. Kush Maini, Hitech GP, +0.082s (session one)
3. Louis Foster, Double R Racing, +0.125s (session two)
4. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.377s (session one)
5. Bart Horsten, Lanan Racing, +0.508s (session two)
6. Nazim Azman, Carlin, +0.566s (session two)
7. Oliver Clarke, Hillspeed, +0.607s (session one)
8. Nico Varrone, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.610s (session two)
9. Josh Skelton, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.642s (session one)
10. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.694s (session two)
11. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +0.936s (session one)
12. Piers Prior, Lanan Racing, +1.002s (session two)
13. Benjamin Pedersen, Double R Racing, +1.014s (session one)
14. Reece Ushijima, Hitech GP, +1.023s (session one)
15. Manaf Hijjawi, Douglas Motorsport, +1.024s (session one)
16. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +1.287s (session two)
1 December 2020 - Alumni News: Fittipaldi and Mazepin get Haas F1 chances
30 November 2020 - Fortec Motorsports confirms Roberto Faria return for 2021
23 November 2020 - Catch up on 2020 BRDC British F3 season online
16 November 2020 - Strong run to P4 at Sebring for former BRDC British F3 champion Leist
8 November 2020 - Thoughts of a champion: Kaylen Frederick