Fortec Motorsport's Johnathan Hoggard claimed the quickest time of testing so far with his effort in the first session of Friday morning at Oulton Park.
The British driver set a time of 1m30.601, a hundreth quicker than Ayrton Simmons' quickest effort from yesterday. Simmons was second in the session for Chris Dittmann Racing, four tenths away from Hoggard's pace, with Clement Novalak third for Carlin a further tenth and a half behind.
The next runners were separated by tiny fractions - Double R's Neil Verhagen was just 0.003s away from Novalak, and 0.062s ahead of Douglas Motorsport's dayUlysse de Pauw.
De Pauw was 0.056s ahead of Fortec's Manuel Maldonado, who in turn was 0.067s clear of Douglas Motorsport's Kiern Jewiss.
Kaylen Frederick in eighth for Carlin was 0.049s away from Jewiss and 0.037s ahead of Hillspeed's Sasakorn Chaimongkol who made his first appearance of the weekend in ninth. Double R's Hampus Ericsson completed the top-10, 0.025s away from Chaimongkol's time, with the entire top-10 covered by 0.855s.
The second session of the day commences at 11am.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Oulton Park Friday session one result:
1. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec, 1m30.601s
2. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.440s
3. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.586s
4. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +0.589s
5. Ulysse de Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.651s
6. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec, +0.707s
7. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.774s
8. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.823s
9. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +0.860s
10. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, +0.885s
26 May 2020 - Lanan lead the way as Silverstone approaches
24 May 2020 - De Pauw and BTCC ace Ingram star at virtual Spa
22 May 2020 - Drivers Channel-hop to Spa for pre-race test
15 May 2020 - British F3 iRacing Championship - drivers test the water