Carlin's Nicolai Kjaergaard topped the times in a wet opening test session at Rockingham this morning (Friday), ahead of the second weekend of the 2018 BRDC British F3 Championship season.
The championship leader set a time of 1m28.924s, six tenths clear of his nearest championship rival, Double R's Linus Lundqvist. Fortec Motorsport's Tom Gamble ensured the championship top-three filled the top three places in the opening session, with his time being 0.728s from Lundqvist.
Carlin's Clement Novalak claimed the fourth quickest time ahead of Jusuf Owega. The German Hillspeed youngster makes his F3 race debut this weekend and showed impressive form, and was 0.451s clear of Douglas Motorsport's Jordan Cane.
Double R's Krish Mahadik was seventh, just 0.057s behind Cane, with Lanan Racing's Kush Maini eighth. Fortec's Manuel Maldonado and Chris Dittmann Racing's Chia Wing Hoong completed the top-10.
The second session of the day takes place at 11.20am with live timing available on the official BRDC British F3 website.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Rockingham test one result:
1. Nicolai Kjaergaard, Carlin, 1m28.924s
2. Linus Lundqvist, Double R Racing, +0.639s
3. Tom Gamble, Fortec Motorsports, +1.367s
4. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +1.545s
5. Jusuf Owega, Hillspeed, +2.049s
6. Jordan Cane, Douglas Motorsport, +2.500s
7. Krish Mahadik, Double R Racing, +2.557s
8. Kush Maini, Lanan Racing, +2.948s
9. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +2.958s
10. Chia Wing Hoong, Chris Dittmann Racing, +3.254s
11. Arvin Esmaeili, Douglas Motorsport, +3.332s
12. Billy Monger, Carlin, +3.959s
13. Jamie Chadwick, Douglas Motorsport, +4.230s
14. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +4.509s
15. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +5.704s
16. Sun Yue Yang, Carlin, +6.353s
17. Ben Hurst, Hillspeed, +7.342s
18. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +15.216s
19. Tristan Charpentier, Fortec Motorsports, no time set (no working transponder)
18 March 2019 - Strong F1 debuts for Norris and Russell
15 March 2019 - Increased prize fund for Jack Cavill Pole Position Cup in 2019
15 March 2019 - Russell and Norris gear up for F1 debuts down under!
11 March 2019 - Aston Martin partners Autosport BRDC Award