BRDC British F3 Champion Linus Lundqvist completed his GP3 test by setting the third fastest time in today's (Friday) afternoon session, as he continued to evaluate the car ahead of a possible move into the new FIA Formula 3 series next year.
The Swede returned to the wheel of the Campos Racing machine with which he made his test debut in yesterday, and continued his impressive form from Thursday's afternoon session, in which he finished seventh.
Lundqvist posted the fifth fastest time in this morning's session, and then shaved three tenths of a second off to go even better with third in the afternoon session, and was the top rookie driver in the test.
He ended up just 0.288s off pace-setting team-mate Jehan Daruvala, with Richard Verschoor splitting the Campos Racing pair, both drivers having GP3 race experience.
Ben Hingeley, a British F3 race winner in 2017 was also in action again, posting the 12th and 11th fastest times, while 2017 champion Enaam Ahmed had his first run in GP3 machinery, setting the 19th and 20th fastest times.
GP3 Abu Dhabi test, day two, afternoon session result:
1. Jehan Daruvala, Campos Racing, 1:54.753
2. Richard Verschoor, MP Motorsport, 1:54.799
3. Linus Lundqvist, Campos Racing, 1:55.041
4. Oscar Piastri, Jenzer Motorsport, 1:55.085
5. Devlin DeFrancesco, Trident, 1:55.089
6. Yuki Tsunoda, Jenzer Motorsport, 1:55.177
7. Logan Sargeant, Trident, 1:55.274
8. Niko Kari, Trident, 1:55.359
9. Lorenzo Colombo, MP Motorsport, 1:55.495
10. Alex Peroni, Campos Racing, 1:55.608
11 January 2019 - Monger stars at Autosport International
10 January 2019 - Gamble reflects on McLaren Autosport BRDC Award triumph
10 January 2019 - Lundqvist talks Daytona at Autosport International
9 January 2019 - Lundqvist and Monger on show at Autosport International
4 January 2019 - Lundqvist geared up ahead of important Daytona tests
24 December 2018 - The 2018 BRDC British F3 season in stats