A Clerk of the Course Decision has been issued following the third race of the BRDC British F3 season at Oulton Park this afternoon (Monday).
Following an investigation, the Clerk of the Course found that "following an incident at Knickerbrook Chicane, Car #12 (Ayrton Simmons) left the circuit and went across the grass before rejoining after the middle left hander.
"When he did so he forced car #12 (Clement Novalak) to run wide and leave the circuit.
"In this manoeuvre car #12 was able to stay ahead of car #17.
"Car #12 is penalised by the addition of ONE second to his race time for gaining an unfair advantage in accordance with Motorsport UK regulation C2.3
"It is accepted that the manoeuvre was not intentional."
The penalty means that Simmons and Novalak's positions in the race are reversed, with Novalak now classified second and Simmons third.
Amended BRDC British F3 Championship, Oulton Park race three result:
1. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, 13 laps
2. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +2.436s
3. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +2.471s**
4. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +4.102s
5. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +7.985s
6. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +17.010s
7. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +18.081s
8. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +18.582s
9. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +19.112s
10. Benjamin Pedersen, Douglas Motorsport, +19.465s
11. Nazim Azman, Chris Dittmann Racing, +21.933s
12. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +23.694s
13. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, +25.595s
14. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +33.545s
15. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +37.135s
16. Kris Wright, Fortec Motorsports, +54.739s*
*False start penalty
** One second penalty - Clerk of the Course Decision
11 November 2019 - British F3 alumni nominated for Autosport Awards
23 October 2019 - Hillspeed confirms Oliver Clarke as first driver signing for 2020
22 October 2019 - British F3 graduates sample FIA F3 cars at Valencia
21 October 2019 - BRDC British F3 confirms upgraded car package for 2020