The third race of the Silverstone weekend starts at 17.15, with Lanan Racing's Kush Maini on pole position. Maini set the fastest race lap of the weekend so far in yesterday's opening encounter, and lines up at the front of the grid for the second time in British F3.
Alongside him on the front row will be Tom Gamble, the Fortec driver setting a lap time in race two that was just 0.015s away from Maini's best effort. Race one podium finisher Jordan Cane will start third for Douglas Motorsport ahead of championship leader Linus Lundqvist.
Clement Novalak starts fifth for Carlin, with a time 0.005s quicker than team mate Nicolai Kjaergaard, while Hillspeed's Jusuf Owega starts seventh ahead of Carlin's Billy Monger. Jamie Chadwick and Sasakorn Chaimongkol complete the top-10, with the grid shown below.
As an indication of how closely fought this weekend has been so far, the top-15 drivers are all separated by less than a second on race lap times.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Silverstone race three grid:
1. Kush Maini, Lanan Racing, 1m56.921s
2. Tom Gamble, Fortec Motorsports, 1m56.936s
3. Jordan Cane, Douglas Motorsport, 1m57.033s
4. Linus Lundqvist, Double R Racing, 1m57.075s
5. Clement Novalak, Carlin, 1m57.153s
6. Nicolai Kjaergaard, Carlin, 1m57.158s
7. Jusuf Owega, Hillspeed, 1m57.272s
8. Billy Monger, Carlin, 1m57.298s
9. Jamie Chadwick, Douglas Motorsport, 1m57.314s
10. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, 1m57.417s
11. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, 1m57.489s
12. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, 1m57.543s
13. Sun Yue Yang, Carlin, 1m57.616s
14. Tristan Charpentier, Fortec Motorsports, 1m57.632s
15. Krishnaraaj Mahadik, Double R Racing, 1m57.862s
16. Arvin Esmaeili, Douglas Motorsport, 1m58.165s
17. Ben Hurst, Hillspeed, 1m59.114s
11 January 2019 - Monger stars at Autosport International
10 January 2019 - Gamble reflects on McLaren Autosport BRDC Award triumph
10 January 2019 - Lundqvist talks Daytona at Autosport International
9 January 2019 - Lundqvist and Monger on show at Autosport International
4 January 2019 - Lundqvist geared up ahead of important Daytona tests
24 December 2018 - The 2018 BRDC British F3 season in stats