Ayrton Simmons again set the pace in the second test session of the day for the BRDC British F3 Championship at Oulton Park, holding off a constant threat from former F4 rivals Johnathan Hoggard and Kiern Jewiss.
The Chris Dittmann Racing driver's time of 1m31.248s was half a second slower than his best time from this morning, but enough to put him just 0.029s ahead of Fortec's Hoggard, who set the fastest time late on, only for Simmons to outpace him right at the end.
Reigning F4 champion Jewiss was third for Douglas Motorsport, a quarter of a second further back, and a couple of tenths clear of team mate Ulysse de Pauw.
Hampus Ericsson was the top Double R driver in fifth place, and just 0.008s clear of team mate Neil Verhagen, who in turn was just 0.002s ahead of Carlin's Clement Novalak. Novalak was 0.001s in front of his team mate Kaylen Frederick in eighth, with Manuel Maldonado and Pavan Ravishankar also extremely close behind, completing a top-10 separated by 0.701s this time around.
The third test of the day commences at 13.50.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Oulton Park test two result:
1. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, 1m31.248s
2. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, +0.029s
3. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.286s
4. Ulysse de Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.468s
5. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, +0.650s
6. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +0.658s
7. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.660s
8. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.661s
9. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.688s
10. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +0.701s
11 November 2019 - British F3 alumni nominated for Autosport Awards
23 October 2019 - Hillspeed confirms Oliver Clarke as first driver signing for 2020
22 October 2019 - British F3 graduates sample FIA F3 cars at Valencia
21 October 2019 - BRDC British F3 confirms upgraded car package for 2020