Ayrton Simmons set the fastest time in the final BRDC British F3 test session of the day at Oulton Park this afternoon (Thursday), with his effort from this morning remaining the quickest of the day.
Simmons' fourth session time of 1m31.361s for Chris Dittmann Racing was almost three tenths clear of session three topper Johnathan Hoggard in nhis Fortec machine, with Douglas Motorsport's Belgian recruit Ulysse de Pauw enjoying his best test of the day with third, a quarter of a second behind Hoggard.
Clement Novalak enjoyed his best session of the day with fourth for Carlin, just 0.003s behind de Pauw and 0.028s ahead of team mate Kaylen Frederick.
Neil Verhagen completed the top-six for Double R Racing, half a tenth ahead of reigning British F4 champion Kiern Jewiss in his Douglas Motorsport car, who in turn was half a tenth ahead of Carlin's Lucas Petersson.
Last year's race winner Manuel Maldonado and Douglas Motorsport's Benjamin Pedersen completed the top-10 in the session.
The field are back in action at Oulton Park tomorrow, with four 25 minute sessions ahead of the opening rounds of the year in Cheshire this weekend.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Oulton Park session four top-10:
1. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, 1m31.361s
2. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, +0.281s
3. Ulysse de Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.535s
4. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.538s
5. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.566s
6. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +0.672s
7. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.722s
8. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +0.775s
9. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec, +0.843s
10. Benjamin Pedersen, Douglas Motorsport, +1.070s
Full session result here.
11 November 2019 - British F3 alumni nominated for Autosport Awards
23 October 2019 - Hillspeed confirms Oliver Clarke as first driver signing for 2020
22 October 2019 - British F3 graduates sample FIA F3 cars at Valencia
21 October 2019 - BRDC British F3 confirms upgraded car package for 2020