Chris Dittmann Racing's Ayrton Simmons posted the fastest time of the day so far in the third test session at Snetterton.
Simmons' time of 1m42.737s was over a tenth quicker than Clement Novalak's fastest effort this morning, and just a couple of tenths away from the fastest ever BRDC British F3 lap set at Snetterton, a 1m42.581s set by Enaam Ahmed in pre-event testing back in 2017.
Simmons was almost two tenths clear of Hoggard in the session, the Fortec driver keeping up his record of finishing inside the top-two of every test so far today, with Hoggard 0.012s faster than Novalak in his Carlin.
Sasakorn Chaimongkol again showed front-running potential with the fourth quickest time for Hillspeed, over a tenth clear of Douglas Motorsport's Kiern Jewiss who was fifth fastest.
Fortec's Manuel Maldonado had his best session of the day so far with the sixth quickest time, 0.014s off Jewiss and 0.028s quicker than Douglas Motorsport's second driver Ulysse De Pauw, who also continued his upward trend so far today with the seventh fastest time.
Kaylen Frederick was almost eight tenths further back for Carlin in eighth, a tenth clear of team mate Lucas Petersson with Double R's Neil Verhagen completing the top-10 in the session.
The fourth and final hour long session today commences at 16.35.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Snetterton Thursday test session three result:
1. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, 1m42.737s
2. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, +0.187s
3. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.199s
4. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +0.516s
5. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.658s
6. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.672s
7. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.700s
8. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.887s
9. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +0.999s
10. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +1.022s
11. Nazim Azman, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.234s
12. Benjamin Pedersen, Douglas Motorsport, +1.331s
13. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, +1.337s
14. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +2.037s
15. Kris Wright, Fortec Motorsports, +2.092s
16. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +2.324s
19 July 2019 - Simmons storms to sensational Spa double pole
19 July 2019 - What they said: Spa qualifying
19 July 2019 - Maldonado quickest in Spa session three
19 July 2019 - Chaimongkol scythes to top of second Spa practice
19 July 2019 - Verhagen tops opening Spa practice
18 July 2019 - Varrone returns to Hillspeed for majority of final rounds