Double R Racing's Neil Verhagen claimed the fastest time of the day in Thursday's final session at Snetterton, outpacing Ayrton Simmons by 0.054 seconds.
Verhagen's time of 1m42.652s came right at the end of the session, and was enough to eclipse the Chris Dittmann Racing driver, who had also upped the pace from session three. The American's time was less than a tenth slower than the fastest time ever recorded by a BRDC British F3 car, set by Enaam Ahmed in 2017.
Hillspeed's Sasakorn Chaimongkol, a podium finisher last year, looks set to be a contender again this weekend after setting the third fastest time in the session, and just over a tenth off Verhagen.
Session one topper Clement Novalak was fourth quickest, three tenths away from Verhagen with Fortec's Johnathan Hoggard fifth and a further 0.045s behind.
Kiern Jewiss posted the sixth fastest time for Douglas Motorsport, 0.029s behind former F4 rival Hoggard and 0.028s clear of Fortec's Manuel Maldonado.
Carlin's Kaylen Frederick was next up in eighth, 0.069s ahead of Chris Dittmann Racing's Nazim Azman, with Hampus Ericsson one thousandth of a second behind in 10th place for Double R Racing, with the top-10 covered by less than seven tenths of a second.
The BRDC British F3 field are back in action again tomorrow with four more test sessions of 30 minutes in duration. The first session is scheduled to start at 09.35.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Snetterton Thursday session four result:
1. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, 1m42.652s
2. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.054s
3. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +0.115s
4. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.289s
5. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, +0.334s
6. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.363s
7. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.391s
8. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.606s
9. Nazim Azman, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.675s
10. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, +0.676s
11. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +0.855s
12. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +0.900s
13. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +1.065s
14. Benjamin Pedersen, Douglas Motorsport, +1.266
15. Kris Wright, Fortec Motorsports, +1.308s
16. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +1.832s
19 May 2019 - What they said: Snetterton race three
19 May 2019 - Snetterton race three penalty notices
19 May 2019 - Snetterton race three starts at 14.10 - Hoggard on pole
19 May 2019 - What they said: Snetterton race two