Two Clerk of the Course Decisions have been issued following the third race of the BRDC British F3 weekend at Snetterton this afternoon (Sunday).
The first decision relates to the incident on the first lap.
Following an investigation, the Clerk of the Course found that car 3 (Johnathan Hoggard) moved to track right between turns 1 and 2 and caused a collision with car 26 (Neil Verhagen). Both cars (and car 87) did not continue.
The Clerk of the Course had handed Hoggard a 10 place grid penalty at the next round at Silverstone, and three licence points.
The second decision relates to an incident under safety car conditions.
Following an investigation, the Clerk of the Course found that while under safety car conditions, car 22 (Lucas Petersson) attempted to overtake car 20 (Benjamin Pedersen) and caused a collision and car 20 to leave the circuit.
The Clerk of the Course has disqualified Petersson from the results of the race, and given four licence penalty points. A revised race result is shown below.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Snetterton race three amended result:
1. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, 10 laps
2. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.672s
3. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +1.545s
4. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.952s
5. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +6.300s
6. Nazim Azman, Chris Dittmann Racing, +7.906s
7. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +13.215s
8. Benjamin Pedersen, Douglas Motorsport, +17.983s
9. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +24.908s
10. Kris Wright, Fortec Motorsports, +26.335s
11. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +29.743s
12. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +1m39.838s
DNF. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, 0 laps
DNF. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, 0 laps
DNF. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, 0 laps
DQ. Lucas Petersson, Carlin
16 September 2019 - Johnathan Hoggard claims Sunoco Whelen Challenge and drive at Daytona
15 September 2019 - Thoughts of a champion: Clement Novalak
15 September 2019 - Hoggard hammers to seventh win of the year in Donington finale
15 September 2019 - What they said: Donington race three
15 September 2019 - Race three starts at 15.45 - Hoggard on pole
15 September 2019 - Azman wins at Donington as Novalak crowned champion!